Thursday, June 24, 2010

Some days are like that...


Ok so the last few weeks have been horid for me. The school holidays gave us a chest infection for Gabriel and a dose of nasty croup for Niamh (shes still coughing). Then to top it off Hezekiah developed an infection which made him feel yucky which meant he wanted to be feed more which was every 2 hours that from the start of a feed to the next feed. Then he started to loose weight a total of 1.5 kg in 2 weeks. Then he came out with a rash from head to toe that we spent 2 days at the hospital having checked and as it turned out was just the virus at its tail end. So Allen is still sleeping in the guest room (dont feel sorry for him as he has a queen size bed and a electric blanket without the noise of kids waking him!) Meanwhile baby and I are sharing the bed inbetween getting up to deal with Niamh and her coughing and Gabriel falling out of bed and his midnight tolit run. I've been getting maybe 4 hours of broken sleep a night for 5 weeks now and starting to take its tool on me especially by early afternoon. Very tired with all the other things that I have to do during the week. I tried this morning to get us all ready for early learning at the kinda and it tured pear shaped when no bag could be found Niamh had a crying attack for what ever reason and I just spat it and put everything away and made the executive decision that today was not going to be a good day and I was going to staay home. Would it have been better to take them probably.. would I have pulled my hair out trying to find a bag that is who knows where? probably.. would I have enjoyed speaking to some other mums have a crappy day themselves yeah but hey... some days are like that

1 comment:

Nettie's Blog said...

Oh the joys of being a mum....at least you are still capable of making an exec discision...ha ha!!!
It can only get better you know...and we have already passed the shortest day...summer is coming...yeah!!!