Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Surgery updates

Well its been almost a month since my surgery. Things seem to be settling down yet I am still having some pain. It still seems unreal that only four weeks ago I had a man open my head and take a bone out (the atlas bone)  and took a potion of my skull of and replaced it with a plastic one twice as large. I have to admit that the difference in hospitals staff and food was astounding compared with the public system! I had a loverly private room with a view of the terace gardens that I walked in each day. I also had a great monitor that had intenet access, it also doubled as a tv screen and I oredered all my meals through the touch screen, and I couldalso access all my doctors notes, as everything is transparent!  The staff where increadibly friendly and always willing to answer all of my stupid questions or bring me another pillow.  I am on my way back to the big smoke of Sydney on the 25th for my 6 week check up and will probably have to stay overnight due to flight times : I still have alot of recovering to do as its going to take between 6- 12 months to fully recover..   Im just going  to keep going on with everything Id planned to do surgery smurgery! :




1 comment:

MsKay said...

I hope all is well and you are continuing to flourish and heal.