Sunday, October 2, 2011

Thailand trip

this was where we swam with the tropical fish


there were alot of boats


speed boats





Coming into Phi Phi Island


me at dinner at the italian/thai restaurant :)


Dr Fish, ticklish!


Alien Vs Preditor its everywhere..










Yes I know that Ive been back for a month! I have been busy getting house and garden ready for spring ( photos will be taken this week.... maybe)


Our trip was fantastic! We ate out every night, I loved the people, the weather the smells, the sights, the lifestyle. I'd move there if I could convince my husband it is a good idea! ( he thinks Im mad) I loved it so much that I am planning to go back in the next 2 years, with hubby and all the kids! Now that I know where to eat what to buy where to go what to do and how much to pay for everything.


So if you can be bothered reading everything then here is what we did each day we were there, and the occasional photo :)




Day 1. We finally arrive in the heat! Its 10.45pm and our limo is nowhere in sight? Im too tired to call the hotel and yell, so I turn right and walk down past all teh locals who are following me asking if I want a taxi. I get to the profesional looking outfit and ask for a taxi, 15 mins later our car arrives and I direct him to our hotel. After another 45 mins we finally arrive, the receptist (who is a young guy) is very appologetic when I tell him that our car never arrived, he is also telling me that the hotel is over booked and that he doesnt have a room for us! What!? Im tired, hot and need a shower and bed, he ticks away n the computer and tells me they have a room for the night and we will be swapped to the penthouse room the next day. Finally we get to our room drop our cases and fight to get in the shower first them lights out....



Day 2 Our first full day in Phuket! We had an average breakfast (no buffet!) and head out in a taxi ( all the cars are taxis for hire) and see whats going on, whats available, where to book all our trips and how much everything costs. We walk around for a few hours we buy a fan (cause its hot! and a hat again cause its hot and my head is baking. We are the whitest people for miles I'm sure the locals can see is coming from a block away. hehehe. I have taken heaps of photos, and whats the facination with "AlienVS Preditor"??? I found a great Aussie guy who I booked all our trips with, he's been living in Phuket for 15 years now and gave us some tips on how to pay for stuff :) Had a foot spa at a place called Dr Fish, it tickled like crazy, and we were sitting in the window of the shop it was heaps of fun and man those fish did an awsome job!


Day 3 Our first trip ! We set the alarm for 6.30am ( yeah I know way too early). We went to Phi Phi island today, We set out early and went to monkey island and did some swimming with the tropical fish, lots of people were throwing bread into the water for them to eat, we swam for an hour before heading back to the boat and onto Phi Phi for lunch, we had to pay 20 baht to get on the island. Lunch was ok and there were not enough tables so we sat with our lunch on our laps before snagging a table (good eyes Jasmine). Walked around for a bit and had a pinapple slushy befor heading back to the boat. We both got really burnt! Ouch! Dinner was nice at a Thai/Italian restaurant. We saw alot of dancing dudes and I took a sneaky photo of a big one! We took a tuk tuk back to the hotel it looked like it was out of "Pimp my ride". lol!


Day4 We slept late today we were still tired but I wanted to get out of the hotel. We went in a taxi to the butterfly park, it was nice very quiet lots of butterflies and orchids, nice fish pond full of huge carp. I tried my hardest to take some photos but they are faster than they look. From there we went to the zoo... Bad move! The animals were treated so badly :( Tigers that were so thin and tiny cages :( We got to the elephants ( which have been my favorite since I was a child) were swaying they were so stressed and one walked right up to me and he was bleeding :( That did it for me I bust into tears I told Jasmine thats it we are leaving, we walked out the front of the zoo and our taxi had gone! We caught another one back to the hotel ( with me crying the whole time in the back). I got back and told the girls at reception what had happened I was still crying and my eys were all puffy and sore. Iwent to my room while they tried to sort it all out. they came by later that day and had the driver in tow they gave me my money back and the driver said sorry for the mix up ( he said he was waiting for us to call him???). I decided in my infinate wisdom that night to walk the 10km into town via the beach, good idea right? Wrong! there we were we were doing fine till we hit rocks, the locals were laughing at us climbing over these things we walked accross some guys back yard fence to avoid more rocks before finally finding sand again Yippee!! The whole walk took us 30 mins and we were both sweating like crazy when we finally got to the footpath. Mental note no more walking along the beach into town! We had dinner for about 3$ for 2 people then wandered about the stalls till we got another tuk tuk back to the hotel.


Day5. Went to James Bond Island tour today. Awsome day! We left at 9am picked up from the hotel by the tour people the ferry was a nice trip we stopped for a swim at a beautiful beach and had lunch on the boat the sun was great and we met another Aussie on the boat he was from Sydney on a 6 month trip around Asia. The day was great we saw inside of caves on a canoe we went for a walk on James Bond Island and walked around the floating village before watching the sun set on the ferry on the way back to the pier. We went to dinner at No 6 restaurant. It was nice but actually had better at the cheaper place last night.


Day 6. Elephant ride today! They are so beautiful, its really hot so they took her around to cool her down with a hose. Im on the back with Jasmine I got wet she managed to stay dry, The driver ( for lack of a better word) got off and asked if I would like to "drive" It was hot and for 45 mins we walked up and down the trail through the forest. I was glad to get back I was holding on so hard that I thought Id injured my thigh! We had an icecream and waited for the rest of our car to finish and head back to the hotel. We went out again for tea and found a great local place that sold the best ribes and spring rolls! So good!!!! Will definatly go back again tomorrow night :)


Day7. Church, and guess who forgot it was fast sunday? It was raining this morning so much cooler and we caught at taxi to Phuket town to go to church jasmine was nervous and I was just worried that we would be late. The bishop was very nice speaking in both English and Thai. It was very special with the feeling in the room that was amazing. We went to visit the budahist temple today as well and we walked around and looked in each of the temples and looked at al the pictures and statues in them, it was interesting, and I learnt alot.


Day8. yep we have been here a week and the hotel finally put up a sign telling us that there is a free shuttle to town and back 4 times a day! Lol! We went into town for Jasmine to pick up her dress that she has ordered made, we spent a long time going over differnt styles and colours before she found something that she liked. We went in to pick it up and she hates it :( Its not what she ordered at all :( I hate seeing her like this :( We did some shopping before heading back to the hotel we are off the to see Fantasea tonight.


Day9. Fantasea was fantastic! it was massive the place was like a giant theme park with a restaurant and theatre in the middle. The food for dinner was great we both had dessert first thenwent back to have everything else, the show didnt start till later so we wandered around the place looking at different shops and park rides etc, they even had a mini zoo in there! There were elephant rides here too which were great to watch and feed the animals for 100 baht. We got back really late but it was worth it.


Day10. Our last day and we spent the day packing and swimming, we managed to get all our things back into the carry on luggage that we bought with us, so we didnt have to buy another bag :) Off to bed early tonight and setting the alarm early so I can get the bill payed and the taxi is booked for us to get to the airport on time. I spent a bit of time outside today just soaking up the air and watching "ivan" doing his rounds about the pool.



Day 11. Goodbye Phuket .... I'll be back and next time I'll be more prepared :) And next time we are bringing the whole family!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. I'm just walking and stoping here. I'm very interesting when i see your blog. Good job.

Nb: Dont forget to visit my blog and give your comment to us. Thanks.