Monday, April 4, 2011

Rufus!!!

This is Rufus, He's a paedemelon (a type of wallaby) he was orphaned after his mum was hit and killed by a car. Our friends AL and RICKI found him and bought him home, have hand feed him, had to take him to work and look after all his needs. He came to visit our house because he's leaving home and moving up the road from us to the wildlife park at Mole Creek. Jasmine loved him.

This is his BIG close up :o) He is super cute and his fur is soooo soft. We have alot of woldlife around us here and I often wonder if any babies are in the pouches. I'm going to start carrying a tourch and blanket in the car so that if I hit anything I'll be able to check with care. Rufus we love you!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I like your idea of carrying a torch and blanket in the car, just in case. I already keep a dog lead in the car, which I've used a few times to nab stray dogs in the street so they won't get run over. I saw a dog get skittled in front of me last year, and I don't ever want to see that again. Nice post.