Sunday, February 26, 2012

Neurologists and Neurosurgeons



It was a big week last week with my trip tio Melbourne to see my new doctor his name is dr Andrew Evans.

Thats him above Jasmine thinks he looks a bit like Jim Parsons (aka Sheldon from Big Bang theory). We were due to see him on Tuesday and dad being who he is made a practice run to see where the office was and where we could park on the day. Good thinking 99. So we got to the appointment on time and we had a great parking spot (go dad) and we went up to the floor that had his rooms.

Problem.... the door is locked.. hmm not a good sign. After a few phone calls and text messages we find out that yes I had the right day but the receptionist (that was a standin the week before) had mucked up by saying that yes my appointment was in Melbourne when it was in fact in Launceston! RAAAAA!!! The receptionist was rip snorting mad that

A; I had been told the wrong thing, about the appointment ( you have to ring and confirm at least a week before or you dont get the appointment and then you get charged for the consultation anyway!)

B; That I had to fly interstate when I didnt need to and that my appointment could have been given to someone else who might have needed it :(

As it turned out the receptionist was great (the regular girl) and she managed to fit me in on the Thursday morning which meant I had to stay 2 extra days :( This being the last week that Jasmine was home before moving to melbourne for uni didnt make me happy at all.

I also had to call Jetstar and try and change my booking, that was a drama too they made the whole thing very difficult and in the end told me they "might" refund my ticket. gee thanks alot! So after going back to dads and rebooking another flight home on the latest available in case the dr wanted to do some tests while I was there.

Roll around to Thursday and de~ja ~vu I think Ive been here before???? I sit in the waiting room and wait and silently panic about if I have all the questions I wanted to ask and how long will this take etc... I was told to leave 3 hours free! After 15 mins we are told that he is running late... ok... an hour later he comes in very rushed in a suit that looks 2 sizes too big for him ( I know weird thing to notice). After the intro's are made and he does a quick physical we get down to what happened and when. I try to talk as fast as I can but I dont do very well and dad and Robyn are trying to help out. The dr notices that I have a pappilladeoma behind my eyes and wants me to have another Lumbar punture that day, I freak out because Im not ready for that kind of test and because they hurt like heck! In the end he has to wait because they can't fit me in *phew* Its just putting it off I still have to have it done and soon *crap* He also wants me to see the surgeon ASAP. *double crap* I'm waiting to hear back from them and if I havent heard back from them by Thursday then I have to call the neuro guy and he will jump on them.

Ohh and uni starts on Wednesday, and Jasmine has her driving test Tuesday afternoon and flying out that night and dad flys in Wednesday night yep... its all happening now

No comments: